Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hitting the Big Red Button...

So after slaving away on the blog (well, slaving is probably too strong a term, seeing as how I wrote all of two posts), Mrs. bug has decided that her audience isn't the least bit interested in my technical suggestions. Instead, she believes that I should devote this blog to my ruminations on life in general.

This assumes, of course, that I know how to ruminate. "Rumination" is one of those words that only makes sense in specific constructs. Consider "feckless" - a word meaning something is futile. So when something is a slam-dunk sure thing, why don't people say, "I'm going to make a feck attempt at eating this peach."

Or "bode", a verb meaning "to signify." I'm waiting to hear this at a card game, "This hand does not bode well. Can anyone bode better?"

More later. Assuming Mrs. Bug doesn't change her mind. She better not fecking try.

No comments:

Post a Comment